Mists of Ustalav: A Carrion Crown Campaign
Count Eben Caromarc
- Former Count of Lepistadt, who lost his title and rule during the rise of the Palitanates 40 years ago
- Bitterness towards the Church of Pharasma, who made a political point to deny his request for resurrection for his wife, who died in childbirth around this time. Lost both his son and wife at this time.
- In a fit of madness, he tried to create a surrogate son, the Beast of Lepistadt, who was more than a mere flesh golem….but less than a son.
- In disappointment with his “son”, he vowed not to create further flesh golems from human parts, but experimented with increasingly exotic corpses to create other golem works in Schloss Caromarc
- Old colleague of Professor Lorrimor and Adivion Adrissant
- Received Vrood and retinue at Schloss Caromarc at Adrissant’s request, but was betrayed and nearly killed. See Mummy Letter.
- Rescued by the party in an epic battle on the highest tower of Schloss Caromarc, after his mute homunculus Waxwood decided the party would aid the former Count
- Hosted the party for a day after his rescue; talked into pursuing non flesh golems for further works and into mending his breach with the Church of Pharasma by Kelda.
- Told how Vrood mentioned visiting the Shudderwood next; wrote an introduction to Ascanor Lodge, gave directions there, and also wrote an introduction to an old friend of his there, the Margrave of Sturnidae Cilas Graydon
- Also granted the party gifts of ancestral armor of House Caromarc, hosted them for a later party with fireworks and what not
- Kept on the goblins as replacement guards at the party’s request, and built a stone golem goblin for them to manipulate in their gate duties